6/28/2008

Garage Sale Finds

That pile of clothes on the right. How much would you pay? The Mrs. went garage sale shopping this week and came back with quite the deal on clothes for our oldest. 20 pieces of clothing in all, including:

School uniforms:

  • 1 Jumper
  • 1 Cardigan
  • 1 Pair, long pants
  • 2 Skorts
  • 2 Turtlenecks
  • 1 Long-sleeve blouse
  • 1 3/4-sleeve blouse
As well as:
  • 1 set of PJs
  • 4 pair of pants
  • 2 sweaters
  • 2 long-sleeve shirts
  • 1 dress
All of this, in the right size, in excellent condition, for $5.50! True, garage sales are slow these days, but the flip side of that looks pretty good from here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great find!

I love garage sale clothes that are new or nearly so. I went to my first garage sale just after my first child was born. The lady included her phone number (lucky for me!) because I didn't see the ad until the sale was almost over.

Her son was a year older than mine but was born 3lbs heavier. Result? I got three big, black garbage bags stuffed with everything he couldn't wear, extra blankets and sheets, towels, mobiles (2), a walker, baby jumper (hang on door frame), bottles, extra collars, etc. for $30. I didn't have to buy the boy a single outfit until he was almost two years old.

Anonymous said...

That's a great deal! Garage sales are the only way to go when the kids are young and outgrowing clothes every two days.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin